This episode unpacks that dense term “discernment” and helps us imagine how a person, how a community hears God’s call to deeper ministry or to ordination. Our guest is Mike Angell, rector of Holy Communion Episcopal Church in University City and chair of the Commission on Ministry, tasked with helping Christians in that discernment journey. He and host Deacon Harry Leip weave in stories of discernment from the Bible, from their own histories, and from folks who have recently trekked through this process.
- Episcopal Church of the Holy Communion
- Survey for diocesan members on what we as a community are looking for in those called to ordination as deacons and priests
- Deaconess Anne House
- Rockwell House, Episcopal campus ministry at Washington University in St. Louis
- Commission on Ministry in the Diocese of Missouri
- The Jesus Movement in the Episcopal Church